Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter backpacking at oil Creek PA

 on Jan 16 2011 Karmi james had here 28th birthday. her wish was to spend the weekend of her birth, outdoors in the snow and cold. we decided oil creek pa near oil city. a post industrial  tour of how this land was raped and sucked dry at the turn of the last century. Karmi and i were both surprised at the beauty of this scar on the land scape. as for accommodations the lean to Adirondacks  found at cow run  and  wolkskill  contain 6  comfortable  shelters  with fire places. we and our k9 companions stayed warm thru the cold 2 nights cuddled around the fire Karmi kept the fire all night by blowing on it and making birthday wishes. I hope they all have come true.

 oil creek
 bent nail bridge.


 Funkville ghost town mile 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been recreating my whole life and have found my spiritual lift from my time out of doors. sharing the this with others is my mission. with Karmi James as my editor this goal is being realized.