Saturday, January 28, 2012

urban recreation and farming

 after a full year of urban farming we have learned much about tending our ghetto garden.
 paqarina farm began in a forgotten corner of south akron. our low budget was a key to turning this inner city plot into a operational farm. recycled re-purposed  and repossessed we used what at hand and purchased little. 
 we kept bees to help us pollinate& they inspired our work ethic.
 thanks to our friends at AAA plowing we got old timeee with our plowing and entertained the locals.
karmi James and myself worked hard all season long missing many days of climbing, surfing ,running,swimming and sleep but it was all worth it in the end. here we are at the farmers market in highland square.and as a reward the universe has given us the opportunity to expand the farm in to the cuyahoga valley national park. as seen above

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been recreating my whole life and have found my spiritual lift from my time out of doors. sharing the this with others is my mission. with Karmi James as my editor this goal is being realized.